Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Charge!!!

It is MONDAY!!! I've completed the week, I've lost two pounds, kept my dates with Marcus (Jim is my winter boo, apparently) and, amazingly, I have a TON of food left over! Actually, I was surprised.  I feel overwhelmed by how much food there is.  Look!

Basket of Leftovers July 2, 2012

Here is a list of what's in the basket:

2 cucumbers
1 zucchini
2 lbs of organic carrots
1 lb garbanzos
5 heads of garlic
3 onions
1-1/2 packages sliced mushrooms
3 tomatoes
3 apples
ginger
1-1/2 jalapeno peppers
2 yams

I did use ingredients that I already had in the fridge.  Here's a picture:



Stuff from the fridge


That's it (except the olive oil and oatmeal).  I bought $2.23 worth of bananas during the week for a grand total of $29.74 for the week. 

I figure I'll spend about $15.00 stocking up on a few items that I like (such as dates, olives, nori, cashew nuts and Tahini sauce) but, basically, I really don't need to get more groceries this week. At this rate I could be spending about $60-80 a month on food - eating *very* well. If I went 100% organic I estimate about $100.00/month. 

Revolutionize your wallet: eat healthy :))).

I didn't cook much over the weekend - I had plenty of left-overs to work with.  But I did make a cool dish that I'd like to share.  No cooking required if the rice and hummus are already prepared:


Nori (Seaweed)-wrapped Hummus rolls: Hummus, Brown Rice, Kalamata Olives

No comments:

Post a Comment